- Key market indices at the Nigerian Exchange rose slightly by +0.03% to begin the week.
- The All-Share Index (ASI) slightly increased by 16.67 basis points to begin the week at 52,231.29 points as market capitalization rose marginally to N28.440 trillion.
- OANDO Plc (+9.91%) was the top gainer while CWG Plc (-9.66%) led the losers.
The Nigerian equities market started the new trading week on a positive note with the NGX experiencing a marginal increase of N9 billion in market capitalization. The modest rise reflects early-week optimism amongst investors.
The benchmark All Share Index (ASI) slightly gained +0.03% to open the week at 52,231.29 index points as against 52,214.62 index points recorded in the previous day’s trading session.
The market capitalization of equities equally saw a modest rise of +0.10% or +N9 billion to begin the week at N28.440 trillion as against previous trading session where it closed at N28.431 trillion.
OANDO Plc was the top performer among 24 equities that closed positive as it gained +9.91% in value to close at N6.10 per share with a market valuation of N75.83 billion.
Likewise, CWG Plc was the worst performer among 19 equities that closed negative as it shed -9.66% of its share price to close at N1.87 per share with a market capitalization of N4.72 billion.
TRANSCORP Plc was the most traded equity on Monday as 190.8 million shares worth N530.8 million were traded.
Below are market indices for today’s trading session:
- NGX ASI: 52,231.29 points
- Previous ASI: 52,214.62 points
- % Day Change: +0.03%
- % YTD: +1.91%
- Market Cap: N28.440 trillion
- Volume Traded: 626 million
- Value: N5.60 billion
- Deals: 6,033
NGX TOP GAINERS
- OANDO gained +9.91% to close at N6.10 per share
- NCR gained +9.77% to close at N2.81 per share
- TRANSCORP gained +9.65% to close at N2.84 per share
- IKEJAHOTEL gained +9.62% to close at N1.71 per share
- JBERGER gained +8.77% to close at N31.00 per share
NGX TOP LOSERS
- CWG was down by -9.66% to close at N1.87 per share
- NEM was down by -9.45% to close at N4.12 per share
- ROYALEX was down by -7.41% to close at N0.50 per share
- CUTIX was down by -4.13% to close at N2.32 per share
- AIICO was down by -3.39% to close at N0.57 per share
TOP 3 BY VOLUME
- TRANSCORP 190,851,773
- ACCESSCORP 125,057,999
- FBNH 79,706,367
TOP 3 BY VALUE
- ACCESSCORP N1,245,804,499
- FBNH N956,475,511
- TRANSCORP N530,824,754