Nigeria News & Trending Naija News Today, Sunday 19 November 2023 can be accessed below.
News online Nigeria has compiled the top 10 Nigeria News Headlines and Naija News from Nigerian newspapers. This means that Nigeria News and Trending News Today on NewsOnline Newspapers – Sunday 19 November 2023 can be accessed below.
Nigeria News & Trending Naija News Today, Sunday 19 November 2023 can be accessed below:
1. Oil dealers said on Saturday that the pump price of Premium Motor Spirit, popularly called petrol, may be reduced in filling stations operated by independent marketers this week, following the massive imports of PMS by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited.
2. About 70 combatants and commanders were killed in a clash between Boko Haram and its rival terrorist group, ISWAP on Saturday. Sources said that the in-fighting between the two terrorists’ rival groups worsened in recent times with a fresh flow of arms and combatants from the Sahel ISIS to join ISWAP in the Chad Basin to restrengthen control of the region by the terrorists.
3. The Federal Road Safety Corps has confirmed the death of three passengers in an accident along the Ankpa/Anyigba Road in Kogi State. The State Sector Commander of the FRSC, Samuel Oyedeji, said Naval personnel attended to the accident victims in Okura before the arrival of officers of the FRSC.
4. Suspected Boko Haram fighters ambushed the security escorts of Governor Mai Mala Buni of Yobe State, on Saturday, killing one policeman and injuring six others. The attack occurred along Jakana-Mainok expressway in Borno State.
5. Former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, has identified corruption as the greatest challenge confronting the growth and development of Nigeria. Magu made this statement at the investiture of fellows and graduate members of the Institute for Governance and Leadership Studies in Africa (IGLSA) held at the Africa University of Science and Technology, Abuja, on Saturday.
6. The Federal Government has made a bold step to decongest the Custodial Centres. Interior Minister, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, on Saturday, launched the release of 4,068 inmates. The inmates are those serving varied terms of imprisonment with an option of fine or compensation.
7. The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) has kicked against the suspension of the Chief Judge of Osun State, Justice Oyebola Ojo by Governor Ademola Adeleke. The Osun State House of Assembly on Thursday recommended suspension of the Chief Judge after which Adeleke approved the recommendation and directed that Justice Yinka Afolabi be sworn in.
8. President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has said that his administration would take all necessary actions to ensure Nigerian universities do not embark on strike again. President Tinubu said the federal government was willing to establish synergy with all the academic unions within universities in the country, as well as exhaust all avenues for dialogue before any strike.
9. Some unknown gunmen have killed a pastor in charge of the Evangelical Church Winning All, Damakasuwa in Kauru Local Government Area of Kaduna State, Amako Maraya. The wife of the cleric was also abducted by the gunmen.
10. The Nigerian Police Force, Sokoto State Command, has confirmed the killing of one person as youths of a Sokoto community resisted bandits from attacking their community on Saturday. Confirming the incident, the spokesman of the state command, Ahmad Rufai, said the bandits, while attempting to raid the Kwakwala community in the Sokoto metropolis, engaged in a shootout with youths of the area.
That’s the Nigeria News: Trending Naija News Today, NewsOnline Newspapers – Sunday 19 November 2023 from across Nigerian Newspapers today, Kindly check back tomorrow for more. You can also read today’s Naija News on NewsOnline Nigeria.
- #BBNaija; “There was lockdown in 2020, how you take graduate?” – Adekunle rants as Ilebaye forgets NYSC graduation date
- “From tomboy to slay queen” – Mother overjoyed as daughter dresses like a lady for the first time since childhood (Video)
- Steelers’ Mike Tomlin furious after demoralizing loss to Texans, vows changes
- Woman, 3 others arrested for stealing N60 milion goods from factory